Sunday, February 20, 2011

God Hears and Answers

I was so annoyed earlier when I discovered that the post I did yesterday was unreadable because I had been "piddling" with text and background colors. I should have just stuck with what I knew worked, but it's fun to play. Anyway. long story short, after attempting to just EDIT yesterday's post, I found I had completely obliterated it! DANG! I had worked really hard on it and had cute pics and used 3 different text colors, and I was SO EXCITED! The whole thing was based on things that I was EXCITED about! GONE in one little mistaken hit.
Then, I checked my email where I found today's a Simple Wife post. I have kept up, as many of you have, with lovely Joanne in Colorado, and the horrendous stroke and ensuing rollercoaster ride she and her dear family have been on for the past weeks. Today, SHE had TYPED a few sentences HERSELF; JOANNE, who had been been in a coma for what? almost 2 weeks? SHE, who had been on the brink of death; SHE, who has a soft flap over her brain where part of her skull had to be removed due to swelling; JOANNE, whom it was thought by many professionals would never again have any QUALITY of LIFE, TYPED the sentences at the beginning of the post! Not only had she done the typing, her personality and humor showed through. I was smiling at what she had to say:) I am just a beginner here, and all I had seen before of Joanne was a video of her and her 2 little daughters quoting from Psalms. Since her stroke,I have visited her sister, Kristen's blog, and I have read all the posts by Joanne's husband, former posts of Joanne's, and posts from her little girl, and I have joined obviously thousands who have been united in prayer concerning Joanne and the entire family. So, after realizing the tremendous progress she has made when, as Toben said today, "she has just gotten started," I thought, "Now THIS is something to BE EXCITED ABOUT! God is faithful. He has heard the prayers of his people...the prayers in behalf of Joanne...and we are seeing HIM at work. Praise HIS holy name. I'M SO EXCITED and thankful, and I am not letting down. I am praying for JOANNE. "The fervant, effectual prayer of a righteous man/woman availeth much." (notice: that's not SELF-righteous.)
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and PRAY,and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and then I will heal their land." or their illness, or their despair, or their pain, or..., or..., or... .
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment